Who is Destination Orewa Beach
Destination Orewa Beach is the Orewa Beach Business Association with over 275 members located in the Orewa town centre and residential areas of Orewa.
Members consist of anyone that owns, occupies or is a tenant of a commercially rated property within the separate rating area is automatically a member of the Business Association. Destination Orewa Beach is a BID (Business Improvement District).
Business owners who are not within the boundaries of the BID can be associate members by applying to the Operations Manager and shall pay a fee of $200 + GST pa.
Destination Orewa Beach Funding
Comes from commercial rates to Local Council as an “Orewa Business Improvement District Rate”. The Separate Rate is collected by Local Council and passed to Destination Orewa Beach via quarterly grants.
Destination Orewa Beach Objectives
- To promote the development and enhancement of the town centre
- To drive foot traffic into / through the town centre
- To improve and maintain (via appropriate stakeholders) the town amenities, streets, reserves and parks, security and infra-structure
- To provide a voice for members who need representation
- To increase economic development
- To work with appropriate local authorities and stakeholders to undertake town centre projects as they arise
- To seek out promotion / initiative opportunities to increase exposure of the Orewa area and town centre
- To create and implement events, festivals and promotions to directly benefit members
- To promote business and retailers through the web page, brochure, newsletters and facebook pages.