We all know the routines but a little reminder never goes amiss.
When it comes to a glowing complexion what we put into our bodies and how we treat our skin and ourselves has a huge impact on how we look – no skin care product can overcome certain damage. Here are a few hints to take the best care of your skin and get that radiant glow.
1. Eat a balanced diet – what we put in our bodies will show on our skin. If you eat fatty foods and junk your skin will reflect that, so give your skin proper nutrition.
2. Get at least 7 to 8 hours sleep every night. A lack of sleep will show up under your eyes as dark circles or bags. Proper rest will also benefit your body and your life.
3. Drink 6 to 8 glasses of water a day to keep your skin hydrated. It is best to spread the consumption of water in small amounts over the course of the day to be sure it is properly absorbed.
4. Maintain a regular exercise schedule. Exercise gets the blood moving and creates a healthy body.
5. Get lots of fresh air but avoid prolonged exposure to wind and cold.
6. Avoid the sun and tanning beds. The damage done by ultraviolet rays is long lasting and cannot be reversed.
7. Always wear sunglasses to avoid squinting.
8. Try to achieve a well-balanced life and reduce stress.
9. Exfoliate twice a week to rid your skin of dead cells.
10. Develop a skin care routine for your particular skin type.
We love the Hibiscus Coast, the beaches, the community feel and the wide variety of things to do and places to go and this isn't diminishing as the Coast grows, although we are finding there are rather too many sets of traffic lights than the old days!